My daily thoughts and feelings for the period 1997-2003, written from just after I was diagnosed and through the next six years as I struggled to cope with being bipolar. The dates are old, but the problems of being bipolar never change. It’s part hope, despair, longing, annoyance, fear, winning, and sometimes just sheer tiredness.
Read this if you think you are bipolar. Or if you have just been diagnosed and want to know what to expect. Or just to see what someone else has gone through – you’ll be surprised how similar it is to your experience. You are not alone.
This is the section which won all my earliest awards, and even now there is still nothing else like it on the web. Check it out!
The Diary starts here with my first entry…
- Why I Went to a Psychiatrist in the First Place
- Taking Medication for the First Time
- Taking Medication, Take Two
- Stable and Reflective
- It’s OK to be Depressed
- Just When I Thought I was Stable
- Lives of Quiet Desperation
- A Day in the Life of a Manic Person
- Here I Start Again…again
- Been There, Done That, Got a T-shirt
- Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life for the Next Two Weeks
- Life is Boring
- OK, Maybe Not So Boring
- Trying to Stay on Medication
- No Motivation, Alas
- Love is a Healer
- Not Enough of a Healer
- Tales of Far Away
- No Sleep is a Bad Idea
- Crash and Burn
- Running on High Octane
- Cycling Downhill and Trying the Brakes
- Cycling Uphill and Trying the Brakes
- Today is ALWAYS the First Day of the Rest of My Life
- Being Normal
- Relationship Problems
- Planning One Week Ahead
- Depression and Prozac
- Being Stable Daily
- Breaking Up is…Confusing to Do
- How Do People Live with Normal Emotions
- Taking On a Race Or Not
- Losing My Identity
- Do I Want to Get Better?
…and the Diary ends here. Since this was written, I’ve become more knowledgeable about being bipolar, and perhaps a little bit wiser. Check out the other sections of my website for my most updated / recent thoughts.